POLYURETHANE FOAM SHEET
A closed cell foam compatible with polyester resins. For buoyancy, and forming light-weight stiffening ribs in GRP mouldings. One cubic foot of polyurethane
foam sheet will provide at least 60lbs (27kgs) of positive buoyancy. Stock thickness 1/2” (12mm), 3/4" (19mm), 1" (25mm), 2" (50mm), 3" (75mm) and 4" (100mm) in sheets 4' x 3' (1219mm x 914mm), nominal density 2lb (900grms) cu. ft. Other sizes available.
This is a rigid urethane foam which has narrow slots cut part way through on both sides of the sheet, to enable it to conform, to a compound radius making it easy to fabricate sandwich construction.
During the laminating the slots become filled with resin, resulting in a solid construction.
Available in sheets 2' x 2' and in thicknesses of 1/2" upwards.
Order ref. AAO 17160
Polycore is a high strength, low weight Core Material constructed from a non-woven continuous polyester fibre fabric encapsulating microballoons.
Polycore is used as a core material and anti-print layer in the production of GRP mouldings such as boats, building panels, tanks, automotive parts etc.
Polycore reduces resin usage in laminates due to the micro-balloon technology.
1 mm chopped strand mat laminate, 450gm/m2 csm + 1050gm/m2 resin = 1500gm.
1 mm Polycore laminate, 60gm/m2Polycore + 650gm/m2 resin = 710gm.
• Polycore can offer a weight saving of over 50%.
• Polycore reduces exotherm and shrinkage.
• Polycore provides excellent anti-print through properties, avoiding woven roving pattern in gel coats and preventing the print-through of ribs and inserts.
• Polycore offers consistent laminate thickness.
• Polycore can be used as a bedding layer for balsa or foam.